Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thundering thoughts

OK, I don't know where this post is going, but I swear I'll keep it short.  I can go DAYS without knowing what to post, and today there are 4 good ideas in my head.  I might post some random thoughts, so I'll remember what I was going to do in a couple of them...it's for my sad memory, so ignore it.

1) Exaggerating

2) Work Dumping

3) Missed opportunities (or not)

Now, for today's post.  Sorry, I'm a bit disjointed tonight. I'm going to the South Carolina convention next weekend.  Last year, I traveled with a good friend, and we were on Myrtle Beach.  This year, it's in Greenville (I hear it's the West side of the state, no ocean) and I'm going alone.  It's my first solo convention, but I can do it.  I'm SUPER REP!  I'm worried a bit, because it's a first, but I can handle it. 

Thanks to Mom, I'll have a laptop to use.  I can take pictures and post them from Greenville!  Thanks to Kevin, I don't need a sitter.  It's only for the weekend, and he's here with the kids. Thanks to temporary disability, we won't be stone cold broke.  Bills will be paid.  I'm good with this trip.

When they asked (as in "you're going, are you OK with that?" which means "you're going") I said "yeah" with very little reservation.  Now, after the fact, I found out more details.  I have a lay over in Washington D.C.  Russ?  Any messages you want to send along?  A couple of folks almost got stuck in that airport on a business trip last year, so I'm a bit worried about the lay over.

After I said "yeah" I found out that there was a drawing for Nascar tickets.  The race is in KC that weekend.  I couldn't get in the drawing, because I'll be gone that weekend.  GO EDWARDS! GO STEWART! GO MCMURRAY! GO JR!  Please, nascar fans, cheer for a Missouri boy, or a good guy....please?

I was told that it was only a 4 hour trade show, Sunday afternoon.  Cool, easy trip.  Fly in on Saturday, set up the booth, and hang out until Sunday at noon.  WRONG!  There are two hours that I have to be there Saturday night.  Then, a gathering after.  Then, the 4 hours Sunday, which leave me short on time to catch my flight home.  After all of that, I land in Kansas City at 11 pm on Sunday, and have to go to work on Monday.  I'll probably get home around 1:00 am.  Oh yeah, I'll be LATE on Monday. 

Anyway, S.C. is pretty this time of year, and I love our customers there, so it's OK.  Kevin's home to tend to the kids, so it's OK.  I am a good rep and can handle myself and this trade show, so I'm OK.  Anyone in South Carolina wanna visit?  LOL  I'm OK.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually been in the DC airport -- but well before 9/11.  I'm sure it's a much more tense place now.  Buy me a "Run, Obama, Run" t-shirt at the giftshop.  

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Wish you were in NC, then I'd visit...but can't make the trip to SC.

Anonymous said...

http://www.greatergreenville.com/visitors/things_do_see.asp#attractions  Just in case you have down time.