Friday, September 8, 2006

Scrubbin'

Well, I stayed home today, so Kevin wouldn't be alone.  He would have been OK for the most part, but he needs some help.  For instance: If he drops something, he can't pick it up.  Neck movement is limited, so when I scream and shout "Hey!  Look over there!" it hurts him.  LOL, just kidding...I only did that once.  (not really, but I thought about it.)

I left him for a short time today.  He was ready for a nap, and I needed to get a few things from Wal-Hell.  I did get a kick-BUTT new mop.  I've been using elbow grease and a cleaning rag for a while now, so it was time.  This one has a scrubbing brush on the other side, so you can flip it and scrub the back porch!  (or whatever YOU need to scrub...my back porch is concrete, and houses a non-trained puppy.)  It's cool.  I also got some carpet freshing stuff (then my vaccum broke, but I made it finish the job,)  other cleaning stuff, Diet Coke, fuel in the truck, and smokes, then home.  I hurried as fast as I could, and he was still asleep when I got home.  SWEET!

My basement drain was clogged.  It was slow, then slower.  Finally, it couldn't keep up with the washer unless we did small loads (less water).  As of this week, it was done.  Even a small load flooded part of the basement.  Sheesh.  Since we go through three FULL size loads of laundry each day, this was going to be a struggle.

I thought I'd try to snake the drain by myself.  It had to be worth a try, before calling a high-dollar plumber to look at it.  I asked if Dad had a snake, so he came and fixed the drain.  I felt silly not trying the obvious like he did, but I'm glad it was done in minutes, and free of charge.  Did I mention lately that I LOVE my daddy?!

Mom and Dad went to Grandparents Day at the school today.  I haven't heard from them, but the girls had a BALL!  They enjoyed the heck out of it, and talked about it for a long time.  Did I mention lately that I love my Mommy AND my Daddy? 

Now, homework is done (rare for a Friday night around here,) the laundry is CAUGHT UP, and the house is pretty darn clean.  Sure, there are a few projects for morning, but most of the weekend work is done.  That feels great.

Thanks again for the well-wishes and prayers.  Kevin is going to be OK.  In fact, earlier he said "Honey?  My right arm doesn't hurt!"  That's a first for a LONG time.  His right arm ALWAYS hurts.  I guess the spinal chord is thanking him for the relief, even though his spinal column is griping about the intrusion.  A chronic pain traded for a short time severe pain...we'll live through it, and it will be a good trade.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I'm so happy he's feeling some relief!!!  :-D  That's gonna be me when I finally get my surgery...

Ha....'Hey, look over there!'  Good thing I had swallowed my coke...too funny...

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!!  Now you can just kick back for the weekend and rest and cuddle and care for that man.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!! Glad Kevin is going so well. Now that you cleaned your house, can you come clean mine??? LOL Enjoy the rest of your weekend and get some rest.
June

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I can very much understand Kevin's relief of not feeling a certain pain!
What did Ddaddy do?