Saturday, September 2, 2006

Not much of an entry

Well, the mouse problem was simple.  Same puppy got it that got the phone line.  It was just such a small place that I didn't see it last night.  I'm using a sad mouse now, that has been in the shed for a while.  It's a bit groggy, but I hope it gets faster.  It's an optical mouse, so it's not like it needs cleaned or anything.  Maybe condensation?  Who cares!  I have my own PC back.

I brought a professional camera and tripod home from work.  I try to read the book when I have a question, but seem to find the answer better myself, by trial and error.  Might not be the best method, but it works for me.  Sorry, B.  LOL  (B is the one that gave me the lesson, book, and tripod/camera combo for the weekend.)

We crammed both adults and both girls into the truck today, to go to dinner for Natalie's birthday.  With the pending issues, it may not have been the best plan, but my daughter was promised a nice dinner with all 5 of us and Grammy for her Bday.  Grammy had a blow out and had to cancel.  Brett had a schedule change at work and had to back out.  Poor kid was heartbroken on both counts, so I *couldn't* tell her "no".  We went to Red Lobster, and it was awesome.  We ate a bit before noon, and had leftovers for supper tonight.  The nice waitress even sent home some extra Cheddar Bay Biscuits for us! 

After that, we went to Wal-Mart for the weeks groceries and essentials.  I HATE that place on Saturday, but we made it through.  Natalie picked out a Girltek Password Journal, which is speech-activated to open, close and turn on the light inside.  Sheesh!  The kid is already a techie...although, the recording part leaves something to be desired.  It doesn't understand what you want a lot of the time, and it's caused some frustration.

The puppy was chasing her tail for over 5 minutes, before I remembered to get video.  As soon as the camera was out and ready, she was done.  She is now sleeping.  *sigh*  Another moment lost.

Tomorrow, we mow the yard, clean up the place, and finish cleaning the house.  Monday, we go to Mom's for my neice's Bday dinner, then I take a bazillion pictures to hope for 10 good ones.  That's the plan, man.

The Dr. answering service was of no use.  Nobody ever called.  After all, it's not THEIR spinal column, right?  What do THEY care? 

:end bitter moment:

Have a great holiday weekend, peeps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your computer is up and running.
Shadie

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I have a brand new mouse, the one that came with this computer.

Anonymous said...

Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Rachel, You and your family will be in my prayers.  Hoping Kevins surgery is a big success.   Lovingly, Anne