Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lots of thoughts

Random?  Yes, I can deliver random.

I am sick to death of the water issue, but extremely angered by the towns cover-up.  My husband was down right LIED to on Sunday, resulting in 6 hours without water with NO preparation.  I'm now emailing news stations.  I doubt that anything will come of it since we're so far out of KC, but it makes me feel better to gripe.

So AOL journals are closing down.  Big deal.  I know that many of you are hooked on AOHELL, but life exists beyond here, I promise.  I threatened to leave one time, and many of you said that you'd miss me, but wouldn't visit me elsewhere.  Now there is no choice.  So what do we do?

I have a couple of ideas. (1) I can open a message board for all of us to post our new links to.  In that message board, we could encourage each other and offer help to those who struggle to deal with a new format. (2) I can offer another journal as a place to post links, and we can all bookmark the new ones from there.

I think the first idea is the best.  There is a free service for message boards, and sign up is free.  If ya'll are willing, I'm sure Mom would help me manage it, and we'd all count on each other to answer questions as they come in.  It's easy.  Trust me.

Finally, if you feel that there is NO way you'll ever blog again, then you've made your choice.  In the words of a Rush song "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!"

Please, let me know.  I could have the message boards up and running by tomorrow evening.  It's not hard, and I'm not scared.  Let's move on, and encourage each other.

If you've ever, or NEVER commented before, sound off on this one, OK?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how to find you on facebook lol.  So just let me know where you link for your new blog. And certainly I'd like to get my link on your posting board in case some of us are having problems finding one another.  
My new link is:
http://mysouthernhome.blogspot.com/
And you know where to find me anyway, I think.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

the message board idea sounds great i have no problem moving just dont really know how. Thats why i stuck with aol because it was easy. And we gotta do something how will i live my life never seeing a braille hotel room pic....lol

Anonymous said...

I'm killing myself to save all of my blog to http://emmaandbella.blogspot.com
See you over there.  Don't bother reading the whole thing.  I'm just saving my diary basically.  All my kids wacky things.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I with ya on the message board. It's a great idea.

I am glad you typed the words I was thinking. I found it interesting that one of my "friends" said that she just couldn't remember to click on my blog at blogger. Yet today, her journal was the one that I found out about the shutdown. She says, "SO be sure to see me over at blogger..."

Pissed me off.

I'm just sayin'.

Sucks about the water. We have a guy here that you can call for sh*t like that. Andy something-another. Anyway, he does a feature a nite about "messed-up" stuff. He would be all over the water issue.

-Heather

Anonymous said...

I really like the message board idea-I'll be one of the ones with LOTS of questions.  I'm not really scared, just not computer savvy.  Love the 'Rush' line.  

     I'm at  http://leigh-mythoughtshonestly.blogspot.com  
                                                              :)  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

I need your link to your other blog so I can add you to my reader.
Rhianna

Anonymous said...

I'll follow your blog when you leave the new address.
June

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel.....I am thoroughly confused.    A message board would be great.  I will check back to see what you decide. Gotta go now.  Work is waiting.            Marlene
    http://journals.aol.com/domsmom27/one-day-at-a-time

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm......maybe if you told the news people that there was poo in the water, it might get there attention, and they knew about it 2+ weeks before the water ban.  That is just was I heard.  Kat