Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bad news/good news

Bad news:  They've extended the boil "advisory" through tomorrow.  Ugh.  They must be finding something, or they wouldn't keep extending it, right?  That was my first thought.  Stay with me until the end for the "what happened" portion.

Good news: I stopped by Mom's (she was home for a bit today) and got her 7 gallon water jug, and filled it with precious well water from their house!  WoooHooo!  No boiling tonight unless I want to do dishes!  (I don't.)

This water jug is my new best friend.  I heart this water jug.  I guess you can tell that from the pictures.

I'm home safely, with my ego in good shape.  I kicked BUTT today!  I started to let little stuff bother me, but then I realized that it would only be a bad day if I allowed it to be.  Therefore, I buckled down and kept my nose in my work, and I kicked BUTT!

Now, for what happened.  This is a part of a story in a local newspaper.  Scroll to the fourth story.  This will NOT be accurate after next Thursday.  The link will be the same, the stories different. They don't tell the whole thing here, or nobody would buy the paper.

Now, do you understand why I'm so grossed out????

Scream with me, "EEEEEWWWWWWWWW!


UPDATE!

New info, as of this evening, on a local news channel:


  The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has issued a boil water order for Wellington, Missouri after the water may have been tampered with. 

Department officials declared the boil order after a security breech and tampering incident at the elevated storage tank on Lydia Street in Lafayette County.

The initial tests conducted at the tank turned up positive for total coliform bacteria. So, the department is elevating an advisory it issued on September 22 to a boil order. 

Vandalism and tampering with a water supply is a federal offense.  Any information regarding the tampering incident should be reported to Loa law enforcement.  Any suspicious activities seen around public water supply facilities should be report to local law enforcement and public water supply staff immediately. 

The order will remain in effect until water samples indicate that chemical and bacteria contamination is no longer there.

Scream again?  EEEEEWWWWWWW!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While it's not good news about the water...I must have an overactive imagination!  I envisioned something worse!!!!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Worse?  You thought it could be WORSE?  What ELSE might he have done while "swimming?"  That's where my mind is going.  Most people have peed in a pool, but if you're being ornery, what else would you DO in there?  Ick

Anonymous said...

Our brains must think alike, that was my first thought (pee pee).  Glad things are better at work.  Cute pictures    Vicki

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Mom's well water....nice and fresh!  GROSS about your water. UGH....make sure you're careful!
Pam

Anonymous said...

LOL @ your pictures....and hello, Monica hit a growth spurt!

Come visit me.  I promise I have clean water.

~Amy