Tuesday, November 30, 2004

tipping over

If you've read the stuff over there in the left column, you either have some odd ideas, or some questions.  Let me explain a couple of issues.

Monica wanted AOL.  I am against AOL.  Grandma has AOL.  I am the bad guy.  Fine, I'll load the trial version, and see how she does on chores.  She loves her AOL music videos.  Last night, we had no internet.  She litereally cried.  Sad to see your child as addicted to the internet as you are.  Sad.

Natalie tips over.  It's sad to be a clutz, sadder still to watch you child inherit this crap.  I bump into walls, bang my forearm into doorknobs in the hallway, and fall down the last few stairs of a flight at LEAST every other week.  The family muffles their laughter while asking if I'm OK.  Tonight, Natalie was headed down the stairs, got 4 steps down an 8 step flight and I heard "bam bam bam THUD....waaaaaa!"  I knew what happened instantly.  I tried to comfort her, although her problem was a bruised ego...she wasn't really hurt.  I feel for her, because I, too, sometimes tip over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always had AOL because the tech support was so quick and helpful.  It's even better now that many people have left.  I get in right away when I call the 800 number!  I don't even mind that most of the "helpers" are in India and can barely understand what I'm saying.  It all works out.

Anonymous said...

And of course, we all know from whom YOU inherited your grace, speed and coordination!  And I trace it back to my daddy... ain't genetics wonderful?